Sunday 15 October 2017

Up and Down


Jake and I should be very fit. The last five weeks have involved a lot of steps. The top photo is half way up our bread run in Hydra. The bakery is in the corner of the harbour. We tackled these steps between 6:45 and 7:30am each day for one month; I was the more enthusiastic participant - although my calves and knees complained at first.  Every morning Jake enthusiastically bounded out of our studio but tried every trick in the book to avoid walking back up. 


These are a few of our afternoon steps; a more gentle slope down to Kamini bay, if only there was a Bakery here.  There were evening steps too, but Jake stayed at home - he'd had enough climbing by then.


So we were in good condition to embark on an archaeological marathon the day after we got back to Turkey.  This is Jake climbing the steps to the Temple of Apollo at Didyma - I was all for it but I'm sure he is thinking, "You have got to be joking".

8 comments:

  1. That turned out to be a great way to get in shape for your archaeological marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous views and Jakes is a handsome companion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My old legs just can't clamber up steps like they used to. The visit to Butrint was a killer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've just done so much climbing up and down steps and hills (some on a Greek island) on our recent trip. Our legs told us so, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'The 39 Steps' not such a blockbuster after all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those ancient steps always make my calves ache ... the risers seem out of sync so I end up waddling ... and wishing for my younger self ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done to you both - that's what I call an exercise with a view, my kinda exercise, hugs to you both xx Ozlem

    ReplyDelete
  8. B to B, We've always said that dogs exist to keep us fit. Good job, Jake! xoxo

    ReplyDelete